RE: Enterprise Hardware support

Thanks for the alert, however i have twenty five servers from Compaq (only 4
are from the new HPAC) and fortunately haven't had that kind of experience.
Actually everything was very well until the merger.

As far as my experience goes Compaq as always been 5 stars HP half star.

The fact is that if i wan't to get linux inside the enterprise i'll need
support for that hardware, either we like Red Hat or not the fact is that it
provides it or is provided with that support.

I use debian in very small companies and only as gateways, firewall, mail
relay and proxy server.

This time it's different it's an application server in a big company, an
insurance company, which is attache to an even bigger bank.

If Debian get's success in such an environement it will be broadly used.

That is my intention, to use Debian where usually only ES/9000 an the new
Zseries mainframes, AS/400 mid-range, and (yyyaaack) Windows 2000 and MS SQL
Server are allowed.

Any suggestions ? or should i start booting with the Win2000 cd ?