bcm4400 source for nic .deb file

I just installed a bare bones debian woody, however my nic was not detected,
but i've found the .deb file to make it work, i've burned the file to a
cd-rom, but in debian it does not show up, i then tried with a memory key i
got it mounted and working to the point where i could see the other files on
the key, but no .deb file, when i checked the usb key on another computer
(not running debian) the .deb file is gone from the key after for sure being
on before i plugged it in and rebooted the deb box. What on earth is going on

Many thanks.