Re: Asus A7N8X Deluxe and Debian?

Alexander Rink wrote:
On Wednesday 19 November 2003 10:22, Scarletdown wrote:
<snip>

I downloaded the drivers from nVidia and followed
their instructions for installing them...

tar -xvzf *gz (since I didn't want to type in the
rather lengthy file name)
cd nforce
make
make install

make and make install gave me errors which can be seen
in these to screen photos (figured
this was better than trying to write them down.

make
http://webpages.charter.net/scarletdown/Misc/nforce-error-0.JPG

It seems that your system is just missing the kernel headers. You can install them using apt-get install kernel-headers-<your version>
The kernel headers will provide the missing modversions.h file.

Not only that, this is what it says in the release notes:

 At the current time, the nForce drivers require a 2.4 series kernel.

Frm the screen shot, it looks like a 2.2.20 kernel.

make install
http://webpages.charter.net/scarletdown/Misc/nforce-error-1.JPG

This is just an error caused by the missing modversions.h above and will be gone if the make step is successfull.

Greetings

Alex

-Roberto