Re: Asus A7N8X Deluxe and Debian?

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 10:22, Scarletdown wrote:
<snip>
> I downloaded the drivers from nVidia and followed
> their instructions for installing them...
>
> tar -xvzf *gz (since I didn't want to type in the
> rather lengthy file name)
> cd nforce
> make
> make install
>
> make and make install gave me errors which can be seen
> in these to screen photos (figured
> this was better than trying to write them down.
>
> make
> http://webpages.charter.net/scarletdown/Misc/nforce-error-0.JPG
It seems that your system is just missing the kernel headers. You can install
them using apt-get install kernel-headers-<your version>
The kernel headers will provide the missing modversions.h file.

> make install
> http://webpages.charter.net/scarletdown/Misc/nforce-error-1.JPG
This is just an error caused by the missing modversions.h above and will be
gone if the make step is successfull.

Greetings

Alex