Re: dangling symlinks - bug reports

On Monday 17 November 2003 16:01, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> hi,
>
> Cron is telling me I have a lot of dangling symlinks.

>  symlink                               | dpkg -S
>  --------------------------------------+--------
>  /usr/share/man/man1/jar.1.gz          | fastjar
>  /usr/share/man/man1/appletviewer.1.gz | ?
>  /usr/share/man/man1/javap.1.gz        | ?
>  /usr/share/man/man1/rmic.1.gz         | ?
>  /usr/share/man/man1/rmiregistry.1.gz  | ?
>  /usr/share/man/man1/serialver.1.gz    | ?
>
> What procedure should I follow to track down the package(s)
> responsible, and determine if a bug-filing is in order?

Hello Jonathan,

I don't know if a bug-filing is in order. But I have the same problem
too. Because nobody else on the list is answering, how about simply
filing a bug report against the package indicated by "dpkg -S" and see
what happens. Might be you sum up the answer of the package maintainer
here.

Armin

--
Armin Joellenbeck <joellenbeck@gmx.net>