SVG graphics and mozilla

Mozilla crashes whenever I try to display an SVG graphic :(
so I'm trying to work out how to display the graphic instead :)

I'm running Woody with mozilla 1.2.1 (Mozilla Debian Package 1.2.1-2.bunk - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021213 Debian/1.2.1-2.bunk).

As far as I can see, SVG is not yet fully supported by mozilla natively, even if I went to the bleeding edge. And there don't seem to be any Debian packages at all - a search for svg turns up only SVGA-related things. So it seems I need to look elsewhere. Mozilla says the most popular plugin is that from Adobe. Adobe's offering for Linux seems to be: RedHat Linux 7.1 3.0 beta 1 11/2001, which doesn't fill me with expectations of a stable product either!

Does anyone know how well this works? Or have alternative suggestions for SVG support?

Thanks, Dave