Re: Asus A7N8X Deluxe and Debian?

Josh McKinney wrote:

I have been using a A7N8X Deluxe with Debian for about a month now and
have been extremely happy with it.  One thing to remember is to boot
with "noapic nolapic" kernel parameters.  Do some googling if you want
to know more.  I have been using the forcedeth driver for a week now and
nothing has broken yet, 3com nic works as expected, and onboard sound is
great.  I haven't even tried any 2.4 kernels but I am pretty sure it
isn't a problem.  I too have been using the nvidia video drivers since
they first came out and I would not hesitate to recommend virtually any
nvidia graphics card for use with linux.  It may be binary-only drivers,
but that is pretty much what you have to live with to get GLX
accelerated graphics.

Not true.  I have a Radeon 9000 Pro, and I get 2500 fps in glxgears
with the open source DRI drivers and only 1900 fps with the proprietary
ATI driver.  Performance across other OpenGL apps follows the same
pattern.

-Roberto