Re: Asus A7N8X Deluxe and Debian?

Scarletdown wrote:
Has anyone here managed to successfully get Debian
working on an A7N8X Deluxe motherboard? I especially need to make sure that both on-board NICs (nVidia nForce MCP and 3Com 3C920B-EMB), and the on-board sound (nVidia
nForce) will work.

Go to the nVidia site and download the .tar.gz "Unified
platform" (or something like that) driver.  If you are
the adveturous type, you can try out the new forcedeth
driver, which is an attempt at a GPL dpiver for the nForce
NIC.  The nForce audio is in recent kernels (2.4.22 and
newer).  3com drivers have been in the kernel for ages.

The nForce Drivers CD that came with my board has Red
Hat and SuSE drivers (a couple rpms for RH 7.3) and whatever package type SuSE uses. How difficult would it be to extract what I need from these to use them on a Debian system.

And while I'm at it, is the nVidia GeForce 5600FX
(256MB) supported? I checked nVidia's site, and they have a driver that supposedly works
with Linux.

It's file name is NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run

What does it take to get this installed?

The file you refer to is an executable script that
downloads the driver from the nVidia site and installs
it for you.

Thanks.

-Roberto