Question about Sarge GUI

I've been investigating moving from Woody to Sarge, and I
have a problem. I got Sarge running by doing a dist-upgrade
from Woody. Some of my GUI, came through the upgrade just
fine, but for other things there were font size changes.
This is not, in itself, a serious problem, *but* I can't
figure out how to adjust font sizes in the new Gnome. Is
this working in Sarge? I used to use Control Center.
Control Center seems presents a completely different UI,
and nothing I do affects the appearance of the fonts in
the various windows. What am I doing wrong? What should
I look at to give more info?

TIA

--
Paul E Condon