Re: ls and directories only

Lynn W(lynn_wgnr@lycos.com) is reported to have said:
> I know this must be a silly question, but I have tried looking at the man and the --help and could not find it:
>
> How does one use the ls command to display just the directories' names, and suppress those which are not directories? In MS-DOS, it was dir /ad
>
> Doing ls -ld * does not do it as it only displays the files in the current directory.

Add this to your .bashrc file

alias lsd='ls -d */'

Then source .bashrc

then whenever you wand just the dir's type
lsd

NOTE:  This has nothing to do the the Opium Thread!!

HTH=Hope This Helps, YMMV=Your Mileage May Vary, HAND=Have A Nice Day

Wayne
--
You can tell how far we have to go, when FORTRAN is the language of
supercomputers.