A idea for newbies.

If you have a machine that is newer than "Woody" you may run into
difficulties that you cant solve.  This list is a great help but it takes
time.  After spending a couple of weeks resolving X wont boot and Modem wont
work I must admit to being flustered
I spent 36 hours (approx) downloading libranet classic 2.7.  Transfered the
iso to CD and booted.  Outside of having to configure PPP(it didnt know my
name, or my ISP, or its phone #).  The system worked.   I did in two days
what I couldnt do it 2 weeks.
The system isnt perfect but I'm a lot closer now than I was.
Just an idea if you think it might work for you.
Regards;
Hoyt