Re: Setting fcc-hook in mutt

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 03:39:24PM +0100, Florian Ernst wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 03:26:35PM +0100, Lukas Ruf wrote:

Thanks for your answers.  My inability to understand continues
unfortunately :(

> >fcc-hook -- when you send a message ('m')
> >save-hook -- when you save a message ('s')
> >fcc-save-hook -- to achieve the functionality of both with one
> > specification.

Yes I have seen this in the manual, but I still do not know how to use
it.  But nowhere in /etc/Muttrc or .muttrc I could see a definition of
save-hook to explain this behaviour of 's'.  I have been looking for
it because I wanted to define fcc-hook in the same way.

> >>2. How do I set $record and/or fcc-hook to do the same except that it
> >>   must use using the "To:" field in such a case?
> >>

> >specify an fcc-save-hook '~t address' +folder/

I understand this if you use a spesific user and address.  There is a
good example in the manual about this. But I want mutt to get the
values for "address" and "folder" in your example from the "To:" field
in the same way it gets the values from the "From:" field when I use
's'.

> >>I do not quite understand the mutt manual on this.
> >
> >what is unclear?

I think my remarks (which might show my slowness to understand) above
explain my questions.

I have previously used this:

set record="+sent-mail-`date +%Y-%m`"
fcc-hook . "=/sent-mail/`date +%Y%m`"

But I want to change it to use the user's folder in stead.

> Also check default_hook, which controls how send-hooks,
> message-hooks, save-hooks, and fcc-hooks will be interpreted.

There is also no "default_hook" in either /etc/Muttrc or .muttrc.

Pleas be patient with me.  One day I will understand :)

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "A Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to
      give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto
      thy name, O most High."   Psalms 92:1