Re: Suggestions for a window manager to replace Enlightenment

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:32:56 -0500
Peter S Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net> wrote:

PSG> After years of running E (without gnome), I might be tempted to use
PSG> something else.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Try blackbox or one of its derivates.  It has most of what you want; at first it can feel a lil like twm ;-), but once you have it configured is very powerful.  Its real light, has most essential functions (plus a lot more through addons), supported by "update-menus", minimal and clean interface.  Gottchas: as blackbox tries to stay minimal, it comes without image support;  it has pretty shading capabilities, though, and looks real nice.  Also becouse of that, you need external programs to do some basic things, like having key bindings.  Not all the configuration is trough GUI.  But once you have it setup, you'll love it.