Re: X 4.3.0

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 03:33:15PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I plugged in Knoppix 3.3 and noticed both better fonts and a number of
> Xinerama problems gone over my X4.2 Sid setup.  On Xinerama problem that
> was fixed was the display of text on the wrong monitor.
>
> What's involved in installing the 4.3 packages from experimental.  Are
> people using that package without major problems at this time?

I have been happily using 4.3 on both my desktop and my laptop for a
number of weeks now with no problems. Installation is relatively
straightforward as long as you don't catch the packages at a bad
time. (i.e. when they're being updated, and not all of the updated
packages have been uploaded yet) As far as actually doing the update,
just add experimental to your sources.list and then run apt-get with
the -t option and you should be fine. Good luck.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837