Re: Exim

Stephen wrote in article <SXo9.3fV.1@gated-at.bofh.it>:
> How does one configure Exim (Woody) to work with smarthost using AUTH
> PLAIN? Is the pwd/log supposed to be entered in the exim.cnf file?
> I've tried what has been suggested in the archives, but it ain't
> working.

I'm using the following lines at the end of my /etc/exim/exim.conf to
authenticate to my smarthost.  I never tested if I need both plain and
login but it works for me.

#v+
plain:
  driver = plaintext
  public_name = PLAIN
  client_send = "^user^passwd"

login:
  driver = plaintext
  public_name = LOGIN
  client_send = ": user : passwd"
#v-

--
All messages to the from: address are deleted immediately.  To contact
my in private, please use reply-to.  Replace " d-o-t " with "." and