Re: Adding a parameter to an already installed kernel driver

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 14:34, Otto Wyss wrote:
> I installed the aty128fb kernel driver (with modconf) and would like to
> add a parameter now but don't know where. Unfortunately I can't
> uninstall/reinstall it since the driver is alway in use. Does anyone
> know where I can add it?

To the best of my knowledge, once a module is already loaded you can't
change its parameters. If you loaded it AFTER you booted up, your VT's
shouldn't really be using the framebuffer, so it should be enough to
exit out of X and shut any graphical applications down. Then you should
be able to unload the module and reload it using whatever parameters you
want.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837