Re: Trouble with exim-tls

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 07:39:54 -0800, John Schofield wrote:
> Sorry, didn't give enough detail in the original message.  I'm trying to
> connect to Exim-tls from my mail client (mail.app on OS X) via SMTP (using
> SSL) in order to send messages.  That's what's not working.  Where would
> those failures be logged?

Check the log files in /var/log/exim/, in particular "panic.log" and
"error.log". If mail.app is connecting to the right port (25 [*]), you should
find some reference to that there. A common cause of SSL connections failing
is not having generated and configured the certificate and key files
properly.

HTH,
Ray

[*] With some protocols, a separate port is used for "[protocol] over SSL".
exim-tls doesn't do that. Connections go over the regular SMTP port (25) and
--
NATUURLIJK krijg je er geen signaal doorheen - het is *dark* fibre.
	jtv