Re: ACPI

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 08:47:37PM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> I have a computer with the BIOS specifically supporting ACPI.
>
> But when I 'halt' it goes to 'Power Down' and then stops dead.
> But it never turns off.
>
> Can I do something like append "ACPI=on" to the lilo/grub config and
> have the kernel pick up on that?

If you are using an acpi enable 2.4 kernel try
echo -n "4" /proc/acpi/sleep
don't have anything running at the time (I would sugest doing this in
single mode) as if it works its going to stop your computer dead on the
spot (that is turn it off ;-)
I have a bug with my bios' acpi implementation that is causing that
same problem on regular halt.
If this solves the problem then your bios' acpi table (dsdt) is going to
have to be replaced.