Debian woody or sarge?

I am looking to migrate a few Red Hat boxes to Debian in the next month or
two and am currently wondering whether to install woody or sarge.

I've seen posts that suggest sarge will become the stable distribution soon
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/debian-devel-announce-20
0308/msg00010.html).  Can anyone point me to an up to date estimation of the
release date?

Given Red Hat updates will end at the end of the year, I want to get up and
running with Debian before that.  If sarge doesn't become stable until next
year, would it be better to install woody now and upgrade to sarge in a few
months, or install sarge now? How long will woody remain supported with
security updates?

Thanks,

Phil