media -- Re: Opium [was: Re: freelance sysadmining -- superlong --

hi ya

changed the subj again :-)

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Tom wrote:

> The reality is 100% of the "hard-core graphic violence" you see on TV is
> absolutely fake and is not even *remotely* close to the reality of what
> a gun does to a human body.  An actual shotgun blast is 10,000,000 times
> grosser than the grossest of the gross thing you've ever seen on TV.
>
> I think the solution is to show *more* real graphic violence to people:
> people reallly can be shocked into civility.  Go to www.ogrish.com and
> watch some of the videos and see if you feel the same.

"Reality" has to be used .... unedited ...
	- cleaned up versions are a form of brainwash and censorship
	- media should run unedited real murders, real arrests, real wars,

yup.. the media controls what people do, what people say, what people
think ...
	- go to any city, USA ... its all the same
 	- news format is the same... teasers, headline, world,
	  weather, sports, human-interest(if no other newsworthy items)
	- same major national franchise for "beds/shower" ( [h/m]otels )
	- same major national franchise for "cars"
	- same major national franchise for "food"

	- same for major "linux distro"

- politics ...
	- if you're not republican or democrat .. forget about getting
	the 5 second news spot for your yet-to-be-announced-run-for-prez

	- all polictics and religion should be taken off the
	air/media/prints unless "all" candidates are given the same airtime
 	( not those 3:00am spots )
		- none of this (faked) non-sense about who is ahead in the
		polls, let the people vote on who they want to see win
		- and no announcement of [supposed] winners till all polls
		are closed

		- people will alway try to pick/vote the winners than
		losers, so that they sound "good" around the water cooler
		talks

	( usa is becoming/is a communist country .. taking over
	( other countries at will ... and worst still, lying to get
	( support to do the invasions
		- if any other [big bully] country pulls this stunt,
		the rest of the world will be on their ass...

		- the french/german/russians and japan seems to be right
		in pullng their support out [ of iraq aka mini-texas ]

history repeats itself ..
   - same thing happened with PCs..
	- how many dos OS companies were there in 1980 - 1985 ??
	- how many database companies were there in 1980 - 1985 ??
	- how many spread-sheet companies were there in 1980-1985

	( how many is left today ?? and why ???
	-- media coverage, even if it was bad )

  - linux ...
	- how many linux distro companies are there today ??
	( same as what was in early 1980's... over 300+ linux distros
	  for sale on my last count

<time for asbestos>
c ya
alvin
</keeping it on>

.. yup.. things are getting OT... even for being debian friendly,
   that the business owner will sign the check, cause one sat there
   listened to their ramblings .. ( get allong with the client part of the
   tasks )
	- thanx for listening :-)

	and yup.. sometimes the check is there after all that rambling ...
	( a good/easy interview in that case, just be quiet and listen )