Re: Step by Steps??

[Please wrap your lines!  It makes it much easier to read, and thus more
likely that you'll get a response.  Anywhere between 70 and 80 is
acceptable; 72 seems to be a nice value.]

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 11:26:22AM -0800, Jeffrey W. Pearson said
> Does anyone have step by steps for setting up a LAMP environment with
> Debian? Ive just moved from Red Hat to Debian. I don't seem to be able
> to find the locations of certain files needed. Right now Im stuck at
> trying to find the libphp4.so file. I compiled php from source and am
> not finding that file.

Install apache, php4, mysql-server and php4-mysql.  That will give you
all you need, from within the Debian package system.  Also, you'll
receive security updates instead of having to rebuild them all from
source yourself when a flaw is found.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:             Crowell Albanian Dateline Watergate keyhole Ermes