Re: Installation Help: SATA Drive

On Saturday 15 November 2003 02:15, Justin Burke wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I could use some help getting Debian installed on a new machine with a
> SATA drive. I've downloaded CD images for both sarge and sid, and both
> installation methods hang at the same point:

> Detected module 'ide-probe-mod' for 'Linux IDE probe driver'"
>
> I have reason to believe that the system is hanging because of the SATA
> drive. I think that I need to use a 2.6.0 kernel. Is this right? How do
> I create an installation CD with a different kernel?

Hi,
I recently installed a debian on a SATA machine and I also had problems
booting a installation the normal way. (Either debian and gentoo installation
had problems detecting the drive). But I noticed the most recent knoppix cd
whould boot and detect the hardware in a 'normal' fashion.  So I'd suggest
doing an install booted from a knoppix cd.

hth
Elie De Brauwer

--
http://www.de-brauwer.be