Installation Help: SATA Drive

Hi All,

I could use some help getting Debian installed on a new machine with a
SATA drive. I've downloaded CD images for both sarge and sid, and both
installation methods hang at the same point:

Detected module 'ide-probe-mod' for 'Linux IDE probe driver'"

I have reason to believe that the system is hanging because of the SATA
drive. I think that I need to use a 2.6.0 kernel. Is this right? How do
I create an installation CD with a different kernel?

TIA,
Justin