Virus from german Debian Mirror ?

Hi,

when installing a Debian today from CDs all seemed well until we installed two additional packages using a mirror (zlib-dev and jpeg-something). We also updated the system using apt-get upgrade. Shortly after that the system started to have problems. We identified the source of the problems as a virus ( Linux.Osf.8759). It seems we got that virus from the mirror. The mirror is ftp.de.debian.org.

Who can I ask for confirmation, and more importantly, where can I report this?

Best Regards, Joachim

PS: Could you please cc: any answers to me (joachim.baumann@junidas.de). Thank you very much.