Re: dvd ripping tools

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:40:11 +0200,
Micha Feigin wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 17:23, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> > I need to (legimately) rip a few 30 sec clips from some DVD's
> > where I truly own the rights.  The 30 sec clips will be used
> > on our website where we advertise the DVD's for sale
> > (bicycling workouts - spinervals.com for those interested).
> >
> > Could someone please suggest:

[...]

> > 2.  a tool for browsing and then editing the ripped portions
> > into 30 sec clips
>
> I think avidemux does this but I am not sure.  I looked quite a
> bit for good programs under linux to do this but couldn't find
> any. Would be happy to hear of such.

avidemux can do that.  You can edit and save without reencoding
(simple frame copy) or you can edit and reencode.  With the first
you don't lose any more quality, but you run a greater risk of
producing a video that will be unplayable by players other than
mplayer or will have serious audio/video sync problems.

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/