Re: exim4 - rejecting .com,.bat,.exe,.pif extensions

On Thursday 13 November 2003 13:13, BruceG wrote:
> Hey all,
>
>       I had decided not to mess with my e-mail server, but not
> messing is a short-term thing ;-)    I know exim4 has the ability to
> reject messages based on the extension of file names in mime
> attachments. I haven't found the file to change that in yet (the
> configuration is broken up into several smaller files in different
> directories).
>
>       Anyone have a pointer to what file/directory I need to hit to
> start rejecting attachments that contain Windows executables?

Yup, I snatched this from somewhere and put it in
acl/40_exim4-config_check_data

# Unpack MIME containers and reject file extensions
# used by worms. Note that the extension list may be
# incomplete.
deny  message = $found_extension files not accepted (may contain MS
virus)
      demime = com:exe:vbs:bat:pif:scr

Cheers,

Kjetil