Re: looking for Knotes type application

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:42:20 -0700
Wesley J Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> wrote:

> > I find Knotes a very useful app, but it seems to use rather a lot of
> > memory for what it does (in terms of how I use it - mostly as a
> > storage space for copying and pasting between apps).  If I've
> > understood top correctly it takes about 30MB, about 5 times more than
> > Bluefish.
> >
> > Is there a similar stand-alone application, preferably gtk-based,

> xfce4-notes-plugin (only works in xfce, apparently, I haven't tried it)
> xpostit (claims to do what you want, haven't tried it)
> xpostitplus (like xpostit, with some extras like resizing)

Thanks.  It certainly scores on the criterion of memory consumption.
However, I would prefer a gtk app because it's appearance is more
configurable.  I'm not sure I can live with the canary yellow, which seems
to be a fixed feature od xpostitplus.  The man page regards it as having
aesthetic value :).  Chacun ....

- Richard.