Re: wireless LAN in place of existing cabled one

BruceG wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for the warnings. I'm not going to buy any equipment without
either being sure it works or a "does-not-work-return" policy.

Would i be able to connect such a wireless bridge on my cable modem
and then have the eth0 of the server connect to the bridge via an usb
wireless network card? I could then pop in another wireless bridge in
eth1 of the server and use that to serve the clients (also wireless).
Or isn't something like this possible?

Anyway, it seems to me that the simplest thing would be to move
the server downstairs. Then eth0 would still be connected to the
cable modem and i could just install a bridge on eth1 and that would
be it (if that is what a bridge does).
But that's not going to happen since my server will not be allowed
in the livingroom. Might be for the best too. My son is starting
to walk so the server would be in for some kicking.

Still a bit confused on what hardware components i need but
the wife is getting really tired of the cable.
I think she even deliberatly tries to ware out the cable: it runs
under a door as well and she loves to open and close that door :)
"Look honey, see, the cable is starting to fail here, look, look"

Benedict