Disaster recovery help, please

Last night I was peacefully using my happy little Debian machine,
when it froze. To make a log sad story short, it was a cataostrophic
disc failure (still in waranty it turns out).

The good news, is that I have Amanda runing every night, so I really
don't think I will lose anything. However I have a question about
how to recover from this.

I plan on restoring the complete amanda backup of the disk to
another disk, on a running machine. So far so good. At that point
I _think_ I should be in good shape, except for boot blocks, right?

So, given that I was using liol, what should I do to restore the boot
blocks?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin