Re: Thoughts on exim4-conifg

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 18:36, Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 02:20:47PM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > Personally I love the stuff Andreas Metzler has done with the config.
> > Makes it TONS more managable.
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> Can you explain why you think it's more managable?  I'm not arguing that
> it isn't, I'm just curious what you find better and why.  It may be that
> I'm not using the new system well.

Why? I can have 2000 transports and routers, a few hundred ACLs, 3-400
rewrites... in an exim config

In one big config it becomes very unwieldy very quickly.

Each router has it's own files and is ordered using the number in front.

Keeps it manageable when you can name them meaningful labels... and be
able to keep them straight.

This is a much better way. I have even transfered this way of doing it
to Slackware systems and to RedHat systems...

It is logical and functional.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net