Re: Thoughts on exim4-conifg

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 12:56, moseley@hank.org wrote:
> What do people think of exim4-config?  It splits the exim config file
> into parts and when exim4 is (re)started a new config file is built from
> all the parts, tested that it's valid and then exim4 is started with the
> new config.
>
> The file that is written is stripped of comments.  I guess that's good
> as it's a smaller config file for exim to process, but then it's missing
> comments.  But the generated file (/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated)
> is not for human consumption.

update-exim4.conf --keepcomments

Personally I love the stuff Andreas Metzler has done with the config.
Makes it TONS more managable. Might I even suggest that Philip Hazel
(Exim's author) adopt it... or include at least a way to do that.

If you were to look through the script you see some other options as
well.

> ## Parse commandline
> TEMP=$(getopt -n update-exim4.conf \
>         -l keepcomments,removecomments,output:,help,verbose -- \

removecomments is if you change:
> UPEX4C_comments=no

> UPEX4C_comments=yes

Have fun!

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The expanse of your intelligence is a void no universe could ever fill.