Re: What is the password of "root" when first run after the installation of the base system!

Otto Wyss wrote:
On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 10:48:16PM +0100, Otto Wyss wrote:
Failing that, boot with the 'init=/bin/sh' parameter (so if you'd
normally type 'linux' to LILO, say, type 'linux init=/bin/sh' instead)
and run 'passwd root'.

Unfortunately there is no boot prompt where I could enter anything. It
just runs through until the login prompt. I guess I have to start it
over.

hit the left shift during boot process (right after POST, before kernel loads, I think you see LILO at the screen). You should get boot prompt. If you're not sure when to do this exactly try to hold down the shift or hit it repeatedly (holding it down does not work with some keyboards).

once you have the boot prompt you can use Tab key to get the list of boot choices.

	erik