Re: GATOS driver -- is there a debian way?

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 15:38, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I have apt-cache searched for gatos, but did not find the ATI X11
> drivers packaged. I have doubts that installing the precompiled version
> from gatos.sf.net will be good for dpkg's database consistency. I'm
> afraid it will completely break during tomorrow's dist-upgrade...
> So, has anybody developped a "debian way" of getting the gatos drivers?

I don't know of a debian way of doing this.
Installing the binary does work but you need to reinstall each time you
update X.
There is another option. There is a patch to the dri cvs code for ati
that also enables the gatos patches. I don't know if the debian package
of the sources has it included and I am not sure if there is also a
version for X 4.2 or only 4.3