Re: Major network problems

Jon Eisenstein wrote:
Ever since a power outage this weekend, I have no internet access in my Linux box (which is used as a network router). Even local loopback isn't working. After testing with help from #debian, it seems that ifconfig is acting up. When I try to ifup -v lo, I get the following: ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up... ifconfig: only one address allowed for interface 'lo'. Same thing happens for eth0 and eth1, but with the gateway and broadcast lines included as well. After any of these commands, and when I reboot (which usually cleared any problems) ifconfig lists absolutely nothing, and not even ping to localhost will work (connect: invalid argument). Anyone have any ideas?

What does /etc/network/interfaces look like?