Re: split large files

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 04:28, Jens Tobiska wrote:
> When using `split' (textutils 2.0-12) to split a large file (4.2G) I've
> found an inconsistency. The original file consists of number - one per
> line - total 5*10^8. After `split -l 10000000 foo' I have 50 files. In
> some of them, however a dot has been replaced by `<'.
>
> Is this a known problem? `foo' has been created in Windows if that
> makes a difference.

I think I'd go in with a binary editor and see if the underlying
data has changed.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"What's your genius, perfect 20 years too late Monday morning
quarterback answer to how the US should have responded to the
Soviet invasion of Afghanistan? Oh wait, you're just talking crap
- you don't have a real answer, you're just regurgitating crap
from NPR."
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=76597&cid=6839483