Re: Motherboard ASUS a7v600: is anybody using this?

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 16:37:29 +1000
Alan Davis <adavis@saipan.com> wrote:

> I have ordered this motherboard, with 3c940 Gigabit ethernet (with a
> "Linux" driver on the ASUS website(?!)); and AD1850 "AC'97" etc.)
> sound. I would appreciate hearing about any issues people have
> encountered.
>
> Thanks for any advice.  I would like to be prepared before burying my
> head in the sand...
>
> Alan

O.K., sorry.
Just noticed the subject line.
Checked out the board on the Asus site. It looks O.K.
I'm not sure about the ethernet factor, but 3COM will be able to advise
you there, they are very obliging. They've generally got a toll-free
number, and ask for 'presales'.
I know that they have got downloadable linux drivers onsite, which is
probably where Asus got theirs' from. More hardware manufacturers are
making Linux drivers now that there is a greater market demand for linux
in the corporate market, but the quality of those drivers may not be so
hot. That factor will improve with time for exactly the same reason.

Why are you going for this particular board?
I ask because I'm getting the A7N8X Deluxe in the near future, and it
seems like the better board.
Regards,

David.