Re: Fickle sound

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 12:18:21AM -0500, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> >If you are talking about a laptop then you might have to live with what
> >you have.
>
> I do indeed have a laptop. Thing is, I've had no problems under Windows.
> And using XMMS/ESD plugin works great.

If you need sound mostly for music and IM sounds then esd should be a
pretty good fit. You can always run programs that don't support esd
using the program esddsp (it intercepts any direct access of the sound
card and sends the data to the esd daemon, or something along those
lines).

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>