CUPS: How to print letters with accent ?

Hello,

After I have read again an again the cup's documentation I can't set the
filter stcolor.ppd  (for my epson printer) to write the letters with accent.

For exemple the string: "CUPS où es-tu ?" comes : "CUPS o  es-tu ?"
The letter "ù" is not printed.

With lprng and magicfilter I use the filter stylus800-filter and I
add the line:

default filter /usr/bin/recode --silent latin1:ibmpc

and my printer epson works fine with the letters with accent.

What is the equivalent for CUPS ?

Thanks in advance for a tip.

--
Gerard