a.out libraries?

This is related to my previous Doom thread.

I've got the official Linux Doom executables working now, except for two sticking points:

With linuxxdoom, the X version, it brings up a message saying "xdoom currently only supports 256-color PseudoColor screens". I don't really want to adjust my X settings just to get this working, so I tried the SVGAlib version.

With linuxsdoom, the SVGAlib version, I get a message saying "can't load library libvga.so.1: Exec format error". This version of Doom was created back when a.out binaries were standard. so I presume it needs an a.out version of libvga.so.1. Does anyone know where I can get old libraries like this?

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster [Ballsome.com]

Phone     [+1 662-518-1636]