Re: df reports negative partition size

Not sure if this is related but i have have weirdness with df aswell
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200311/msg00575.html

And i don't have thousands and thousands of tiny files to explain
for the difference in reported size, nor could i find open
files with lsof.

cheers

Ernst Plüss wrote:
Hi all

If I run df -h on my debian machine, I get the following output
debian:~/tmp$ df -h
/dev/hda3 -3233790934511k 1.0k 0.0k 11% /

If i do a cat /proc/partitions I get
debian:~/tmp$ cat /proc/partitions
major minor #blocks name

3 0 12714912 hda
3 1 24066 hda1
3 2 136552 hda2
3 3 12546765 hda3

An ideas why df is reporting a negative partition size?

Actually this is only the symptom of my real problem. I tried to install a JDK 1.4 from Sun. Although there sould be somme gigabytes of free diskspace, it's reporting, that there's not enough space to install.

Aftet having a look with df I think the JDK 1.4 installer is useing df and stops after seeing only 1.0k free.

TIA