Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 04:28:57PM -0500, Mike Mueller wrote:
<snip>
> Let's say you're a barn builder.  People need barns and are used to buying
> barns now-a-days.  You go around to the community and suggest a community
> barn-raising project.  Everyone agrees but you soon find out the participants
> are barn users and not barn builders.  The community is more than happy to
> use the barn you give them for free if you'll do it for free.  You talk to
> your family and they remind you that they'll starve if you build barns for
> free.  So you offer to build barns for a price and you find that people are
> willing to buy the barns because they don't want to learn barn-building.

More like one day I woke up an realized: god, these barn-builders sure
are selling shitty barns.  I think I'll build with sod instead :-)

It would be different if some people had gold-covered barns, but
everybody with a closed-source O/S is sitting there in a crappy barn,
saying "this is how barns should be; write a whitepaper on how the door
shouldn't be closed, anyway."