Re: Mounting Debian on SATA+Raid 0

Hi:

  I don't know whether this will help, but here goes.

  I have a Gateway 700CX computer with SATA Maxtor drive 160 GB. I found
  the best way to install Debian on this was to get Knoppix 3.3 cd from
  Cheapbytes. It seemed to recognize the hard drive. I installed knoppix
  on the hard-drive using kns-hdinstall. I used debinstall to get
  install debian over the internet. Then I used the knoppix .config to
  make by own kernel 2.4.22 (with a few modifications) and now I have my
  own working kernel  to suit my needs. I believe this will work for
  raid as well.

  I'll be happy to give you more details if you need them.

  Sebastian Canagaratna
  Department of Chemistry
  Ohio Northern University
  Ada, OH 45810