Re: Yahoo says I'm a Spam-o-Rama (via DynDNS)

> Okay, I'm happily e-mailing away to friends and family, and lo and behold
> (fancy talk for "wha wha whaat????") - I find out that Yahoo pops me into
> the Spam block list. I know this was talked about recently (wasn't it?) -
> and had something to do with dynamic DNS users.

Yeah, i think it was a question from me where Ron and Scru Loose replied
on.

> Questions are: if I go for a registered domain name and still keep Dynamic
> service (I'm behind a DSL router and do not have a static IP) will I still
> be in spam jail? Do I have to go for a static IP and a registered domain
> name? That sounds kind of expensive!

According to what people replied to my question, getting a registered
domain and a fixed ip won't help as they (Yahoo, Microsoft) compare
the ip't to lists they have. You will not end up on that white list with
1 ip according to Scru Loose (if i understood correctly).
But i'm in doubt: if the ipaddresses my ISP has are in the white list, and
i end up purchasingh 1 of those addresses, i would automatically be on teh
white list no?

> Right now I figure I'll send out through my ISP POP mail when mailing
> important stuff I don't want in Spam lists. I'd rather just SMTP out my
> server, though (like this e-mail).

Yeah, that's what i was going to do too. It the to domain is yahoo or
hotmail or another-blocking-destination, send the email to my isp's
otherwise send, directly.
I haven't figured out yet how to do this.

Regards,
Benedict