Sound Card i8x0: Root works, other users NOT

I do not know how, it was giving me a headache to
configure my sound card, a buildin Intel 810 from
motherboard. I've tried configuring /etc/modules.conf
but still hopeless.. :(

At the booting process, the ALSA had failed to load
module i8x0. But anyway, I log-in as root to GDM and I
just realized... my sound card works... (???) But
whenever I switch to normal user, it wont work
again...

Any clues?
Best Regards,

Phillip.