Re: Buildin Soun Card: How?

Phillipus Gunawan wrote:
G'day,

I am having trouble to listen to any song song from my
woody. I have a Celeron 400 with
everything_build_in_features, one of them is sound
card.

Is there any good doc that I can read to configure the
sound card? I've tried googling around, and all I can
find are PCI_sloted_sound_card.

This is my last conf of /etc/alsa/modutils/0.9:

# ALSA
alias char-major-116      snd
alias snd-card-0          snd-intel8x0

# OSS/Free
alias char-major-14       soundcore
alias sound-slot-0        snd-card-0

# Soundcard
alias sound-service-0-0   snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1   snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3   snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8   snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12  snd-pcm-oss

options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1
snd_device_mode=0666 snd_device_gid=29
snd_device_uid=0
options snd-card-intel8x0 snd_index=0 snd_id=CARD_0
snd_pbk_frame_size=128 snd_cap_frame_size=128
snd_mic_frame_size=128

But I always got an error saying "Intel ICH Sound Card
not found or device busy Intel8x0-failed"

I am a newbiez in debian, hopping I can learn more in
this forum.
Best Regards,

What kernel are you running? If it's a 2.2 kernel, you might seriously consider moving up to a 2.4 version. IIRC, support for the i810 chipset was mostly non-existent in 2.2.

--
Kent