Re: Faked Browser with Mozilla Firebird

Clive Menzies wrote:

I'm intrigued..... why would you want to [make Firebird/Mozilla look
like IE to websites]?  I understand Opera does it because MS had
found a way to lock them out of certain sites. Is this also a problem
for Mozilla?

It's not that MS had found a way to lock out Opera; it's that
lazy/sloppy web designers tend to code their pages to IE and to a lesser
extent Netscape. Mozilla, _being_ Netscape, had fewer problems than
Opera, but there are still times you bump up against incompetent web
designers.

--
Kent