Re: lilo+ext3 guru needed...

Dennis Stosberg írta:
Am 06.11.2003 um 18:03 schrieb LeVA:
So it seems I can not use data=journal with my root partition. I have to edit /etc/fstab , and change /dev/hda7 .......,data=ordered, if I want to start my system. Is this normal? I don't think so... Anybody knows the cure for this problem? Is there a way to specify some mount options to lilo, so I can put data=journal, and lilo mounts the root partition with journal data mode. Or do I have to use another boot manager (grub?) instead of lilo, to use data=journal with my root partition?

Have you tried the "rootflags" boot option?  With that option you
should be able to pass mount options for the root file system to the
kernel:

rootflags=data=journal

Does this work?

Regards, Dennis

Hello!

Yes, it is working. Reeeealy big thanks!!!

Daniel

--
LeVA