lilo+ext3 guru needed...

Hello!

I have a nasty problem with lilo and ext3 fs. I have a root partition (who doesn't :), and when I choose an image from the lilo's boot menu, lilo starts to boot the kernel image, and mounts the root fs read-only. (The root fs which I have specified in /etc/lilo.conf is /dev/hda7). After booting it ro, the system bootup procedure tries to remount it rw, and continue the booting. Here is my problem:

I have these option in my /etc/fstab:

/dev/hda7 / ext3 errors=remount-ro,check=none,data=journal 0 1

The problem is, when lilo first mounts my root partition it mounts with data=ordered. And the 'data=' option can not be changed with remount option, thus fater the kernel bootup, the system can not remount it rw, because it says: data option can not be changed with remount. So my root partition remains mounted ro, and I can not boot. So it seems I can not use data=journal with my root partition. I have to edit /etc/fstab , and change /dev/hda7 .......,data=ordered, if I want to start my system. Is this normal? I don't think so... Anybody knows the cure for this problem? Is there a way to specify some mount options to lilo, so I can put data=journal, and lilo mounts the root partition with journal data mode. Or do I have to use another boot manager (grub?) instead of lilo, to use data=journal with my root partition?

Thanks a lot!!

Daniel

--
LeVA