Re: how to extract attachments from an email?

Am 05.11.2003 um 16:44 schrieb Adam Galant:
> > > I need a script to extract all attachments from emails and do an action an
> > > each of them (scp to a different machine). How to do this?
> >
> > As they are passing through the MTA, or are they statically sitting
> > somewhere?
>
> Yes, messages come directly from MTA. I know procmail is my friend here
> ;-) but I still don't know how to handle attachments here. A quick recipee
> will be of great help.

Perl is your friend here ;-) This little script will save all mails
decoded in ~/tmp.

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use MIME::Parser;
use Date::Format;

my $datadir = '/home/user/tmp';

my @lt = localtime(time);
my $date = strftime("%Y%m%d-%k%M", @lt);
my $parser = new MIME::Parser;

system('mkdir -p '.$datadir.'/'.$date);
$parser->output_dir($datadir.'/'.$date);
my $entity = $parser->parse(\*STDIN) or die;

Regards,
Dennis