Debian Testing - enabling cleartext passwords in uw-imap (next up - enable SSL)

Okay, have been having fun (well, sort of, kind of). I decided to
upgrade from Stable to Testing and broke my pop and imap e-mail. So I
figured what the heck - it's only been up a little while with just me
using it, so do a new install. Installed Stable base (no tasksel, no
deselect - just a bare-bones system). Upgraded to Testing - then added
mail server support. Still no good!

I finally figured out some of it. During the installation I sai yes to
allowing clear text passwords. That worked for pop mail. It didn't work
for imap.

I googled, and found this info:
create an /etc/c-client.cf

Enter the following into it:
I accept the risk

set disable-plaintext nil

And it worked. So POP and IMAP are working again. Next on the list is to
figure out how to enable SSL and actually get it to work.